Teen Grief Peer Support Training
Teen Grief Peer Support Training applications now being accepted.
Teen Grief Peer Support Training is a 20-hour training program that has been tailored for grade 11 and 12 students. Students will attend sessions on Monday's and Wednesday's, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM at Abbotsford Hospice Society
- What is grief and how does it affect children, teens, and adults
- Symptoms of grief
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- How to ask appropriate questions
- Cultural effects of grief and loss
- Various therapies and their use in grief
- Palliative services and what AHS does
New Application being accepted for Spring sessions ( Fall and Winter Sessions are full)
*Please Note: Selected applicants will need to provide proof of vaccination as it is a mandate of Fraser Health.
For more information or to register, contact your school career facilitator.