Abbotsford School District Career Programs
Our programs allow students to begin transitioning to post-secondary education and the workplace while still in secondary school. Students enrolled in FULL TIME studies at a secondary school in Abbotsford School District are eligible to apply to a Career Program. We offer:
FREE tuition for technical/trade training and university transition programs
District Work Placements with Abbotsford Police Department, Abbotsford Fire and Rescue, Abbotsford Hospice
Early admission to post-secondary programs
Dual Credits toward secondary school graduation AND post-secondary programs
Professional skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
Employment opportunities for supervised, program-related work experience and/or apprenticeships after program completion
Are you eligible?
- Be enrolled in an Abbotsford School District Secondary school
- Be 15 years of age or older at the start of the program
- Have successfully completed all required Grade 10 courses
- Be under 19 years of age June 30th before the start of the program
How to Apply
- Download the forms from the Application Package section
- Or, pick up an application from your school’s Career Facilitator
- Complete all parts of the application (including signatures) and attach a copy of your most recent report card
- Have a teacher complete the reference form.
- Return your completed application package your school's Career Facilitator OR to the District Career Programs office.
For more information, call 604-504-4618.
When to Apply
Submit your completed application any time between September 1 and the first Friday in April for priority admission consideration.
Qualified applicants will be contacted to write an intake assessment and/or participate in an interview.
Selected applicants will be required to attend a program-specific orientation.